Here are some of the most important supplement and food items that we use daily. You will find a short explanation on why we use them and in most cases a link to my posts about them and a link where you can buy them cheaper. I buy most of my stuff on Amazon, being a Prime Member pays off with free quick shipping and great prices.
My favorite, most used kitchen appliance!
If you go to my Instagram, you will see so many images of this great machine. I love making stake in it, it truly is the most juicy steak ever and perfectly prepared to my liking every time. I make meatballs in it, I grill Halloumi cheese, it makes the best sausages, and all so quick, no grease splatter on the stove, no need to use oils and no scrubbing. This Ninja Air Fryer is super low maintenance and so easy to clean. I got it only about a week ago, but already so many have asked me about it, I decided to add it here.
Keto wine 🙂
We love our evenings with a nice plate of full-fat grass-fed, maybe even raw cheese, some dark at least 85% chocolate, or low-sugar berries (blueberries, raspberries) and a rich natural dry wine. “Dry Farm Wines curates only the highest quality natural wines from small, sustainable family farms that meet our strict standard of health. Unlike today’s commercialized and processed wines, this is real wine. Nothing added, nothing removed.” This is the only wine we drink at home. These natural wines are farmed organically or biodynamically, dry farmed, free of chemical sprays, free of additives, and fermented with native yeast. It’s the wine that is naturally grown and naturally made.
Our omega-3s – no longer come from unreliable toxic fish oil supplements, but from a real source, the best most natural way to get it is wild fish and caviar.
- We get our wild salmon caviar (roe) as well as canned wild salmon from Vital Choice Wild Seafood & Organics. Amazing quality and we would know – we are Russians and we were raised on caviar. This red caviar is truly the best and we like their canned Redtresca™ Salmon Bellies 6 oz cans from wild Alaskan sockeye. We always have those on hand for a quick snack.
- Turmeric – a powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant. My favorite home remedy! I have written about its benefits so much! At this link, you can find a plethora of information on turmeric and how I use it. I buy an organic 2lb bag because it is cheaper that way. It lasts for a couple of months, I just keep some in a glass a jar on my counter and use every day in one form or another.
- This is the MCT oil we use in our bulletproof coffee every morning. This is the best quality MCT oil I was able to find. I also add it to my kids’ meals. Start off with a teaspoon and gradually increase. K and I use about two tablespoons a day. 1 teaspoon for kids.
Due to its chemical structure, MCT oil is digested faster than other fats, such as olive oil, so it gives us fast, long-lasting energy. This energy curbs cravings for sugar and carbs — foods that lead to insulin spikes. Also, research shows that MCT oil fills you up, a great benefit for anyone trying to lose weight.
Bulletproof is a coconut-derived (not palm), U.S.-made MCT oil! (palm oil processing kills orangutans) and it only contains C8 Caprylic Acid which converts to ketones in minutes. C8 has potent anti-microbial properties and is more effective against aggressive candida yeast than lauric acid. There is no throat burning C6 (Caproic Acid), no cheap C12 (Lauric Acid) which does not convert to ketones and you can easily get from regular coconut milk or cream. Here is a great summary of MCT Oil benefits.
- US Wellness Meats is where we get our grass-fed knuckle and joint bones for a bone broth. By the way, here is the link to my bone broth recipe. We also buy their grass-fed butter and many other products.
- This is another MUST supplement in our daily diet, especially for my kids! Collagen. So many benefits – skin, joints, hair, nails, just to name a few. I have been using Great Lakes Collagen for 8 years – love it! Even though bone broth is a part of our daily diet (we drink it, we cook with it, soups are all made on bone broth), so we get collagen that way as well, I still feel it is super important to supplement with collagen hydrolysate! This collagen easily dissolves in yogurt, water, coffee, tea, no taste and is the best form of collagen I have ever used.
- This is what you see on my Instagram post from the day our oldest moved into her dorm room at college – a fridge full of Bulletproof Coffee Cold Brew Ready To Drink. I like the original flavor with Collagen. On campus, Nikita does not always have time to get coffee and make it good or “bulletproof” with fat, MCT oil and Collagen. So this is the next best thing to a freshly brewed and blended bulletproof “fat” coffee. We tried all the flavors and liked the original the best. Great to have when you are on the go! Not cheap, but we use them wisely, Nikita for instance still has a lot in her fridge, and she moved in over 5 weeks ago. Bulletproof ready to drink coffee has all the amazing benefits of fat coffee in a convenient on the go package.
- Most of us are deficient in vitamin D and it needs to be taken in combination with K. So since I trust Bulletproof company so much, as far as ultimate dosage and quality ingredients I buy their A-D-K supplement. We all take it, my youngest only takes in ones a week since the dosage is for an adult. I buy them on Amazon because shipping is free for prime members, and I buy so much form them, it made sense to become a prime member 🙂
Vitamin K – “You can think of vitamin D as the gatekeeper, controlling who gets in, and vitamin K as the traffic cop, directing the traffic to where it needs to go.” – Dr. Mercola.
Vitamin A – “Supplemental vitamin D increases your need for vitamin A, so don’t forget the aforementioned cod liver, which includes both.” – Tim Ferris.
We take this particular supplement because I just can not make my kids eat cod liver and it makes it easier to take a combo.